Monday, July 26, 2010

Fully engaged

First my blog shows my only follower as my sweet daughter-in-law. I know my oldest son, her husband, follows as well. Thanks kids.
Anyway, my latest passionate thought is to live life "fully engaged." In every area of life. Spiritually with God, and with other believers. Emotionally, in touch with myself, but mostly honest, vulnerable, compassionate and caring toward others. Risking rejection, offending and being offended - without letting that risk or feeling shut me down, cause me to fear further engaging. Tough, happens most every day. Not in big ways, just little ways. I am committed to moving forward - emotionally, socially and spiritually. All the ugly and beautiful go hand in hand with many confessions and pleas for forgiveness from the Father, but the courage to keep foraging onward.
Physically. I think I could become "addicted" to strenuous exercise. I like the way I feel after a good workout - I feel more alive. Intellectually. It is so easy to become lazy in that area, as well as the others. I must be ever learning -even the things that don't interest me as much, but are important. Professionally. Regardless of how long I do what I'm doing, I must be the best I can be, so my patients can be the best they can be.
And through all these endeavors there must be right priorities. There must above all, be humility. None of these efforts are to make me 'superior' to anyone. On the contrary, through pushing through my human frailties and fears, I will become a servant and be more useful to all. By jumping in to life (rather diving), I will eventually lose 'SELF' and become as I should be - fully engaged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home